Hearing and vision are arguably the two most important senses. Similar to how smell affects taste, hearing and sight are deeply intertwined. It is proven that inner ear problems can affect how we see, and people with vision problems such as macular degeneration need to depend on their hearing even more.
At Ocala Eye, we can evaluate these two senses and provide a variety of treatment options to fit your budget and lifestyle all in one location.
Your choice for complete eye care can also meet your hearing needs with the latest screening equipment and the highest quality digital hearing aids to help you hear what you’ve been missing.
According to the Mayo Clinic, signs and symptoms of hearing loss may include:
- Muffling of speech and other sounds
- Difficulty understanding words, especially against background noise or in a crowd
- Trouble hearing consonants
- Frequently asking others to speak more slowly, clearly and loudly
- Needing to turn up the volume of the television or radio
- Withdrawal from conversations
- Avoidance of some social settings