Diseases and Surgery of the Retina and Vitreous
- Louisiana State University Medical Center LSU Eye Center | New Orleans, Louisiana
- Vitreo-Retinal Fellowship
- The Friedenwald Eye Institute of Maryland General Hospital | Baltimore, Maryland
- Ophthalmology Residency
- University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, New Jersey Medical School | Newark, New Jersey
- University of Pennsylvania | Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Central Florida Society of Ophthalmology
- Florida Society of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Retina Specialists
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
Robert J. Kraut, M.D., is a board-certified ophthalmologist with fellowship training in medical and surgical treatments of the retina. Dr. Kraut practices ophthalmology with emphasis on diseases and surgery of the retina. He joined the medical staff of Ocala Eye in March 2007 and has been practicing in central Florida Since 1999. Dr. Kraut’s areas of expertise include macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, and retinal detachment.
After graduating from the University of Pennsylvania, Dr. Kraut completed medical school at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey in 1992. Dr. Kraut’s ophthalmology residency took place at the Friedenwald Eye Institute of Maryland General Hospital in Baltimore in 1996 where he completed his senior year as chief resident. His training continued at Louisiana State University where he was awarded the medical and surgical retina fellowship.
Dr. Kraut is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and is president of the Central Florida Society of Ophthalmology. His professional affiliations include the Florida Society of Ophthalmology, American Society of Retina Specialists, and the American Academy of Ophthalmology. Dr. Kraut has published articles specific to diseases and surgery of the retina in leading peer reviewed journals and textbooks.