Oculoplastics is a surgical subspecialty for the diagnosis and management of eyelid and orbital problems. Many eyelid issues are habit or age-related, and some can be related to other medical conditions such as a thyroid disorder or Bell’s Palsy. While some eyelid issues are considered cosmetic, there are many that affect optimal visual function and protection, and are thus considered medically indicated to correct.
Learn more below about both cosmetic and functional procedures available at Ocala Eye.
Cosmetic Eyelid Surgeries
- Cosmetic eyelid surgeries can be performed when you are interested in rejuvenating the appearance of your eyes. Eyelid surgeries are considered cosmetic when they do not meet the requirements of functional impairment. Cosmetic eyelid surgery can make you look and feel natural and refreshed.
- Functional eyelid surgeries are medically indicated to preserve optimal eyelid function and may be covered by your medical insurance. Eyelids are meant to protect our eyes and sweep our tears across the ocular surface keeping the eyes properly moistened and clear of debris. Therefore, the position and tension of our eyelids are functionally critical.
At Ocala Eye, our goal is to help you achieve the look you desire as fast and safely as possible. Our oculoplastic specialist offers a full range of surgical procedures, including:
Functional Procedures (i.e. Age-related & Reconstructive)
- Ptosis Repair
- Brow Lift
- Lid Retraction
- Facial Nerve/Bell’s Palsy
- Thyroid Eye Disease
- Removal of suspicious growths
- Reconstruction after cancer or trauma
- Upper & Lower Lid Blepharoplasty
- Ptosis Repair
- Asian Eyelid Surgery
- Skin Tag Removal
- Botox/Dysport for Wrinkle Reduction
- Dermal Fillers for Volume Enhancement
- Plasma Pen for Wrinkle Reduction and Skin Tightening