Glaucoma Surgery, Laser Vision Cataract Surgery, Diseases and Surgery of the Anterior Segment
- University of Florida | Gainesville, Florida
- Glaucoma Fellowship
- Manhattan Eye, Ear, and Throat Hospital | New York, New York
- Ophthalmology Residency
- Yale University School of Medicine | New Haven, Connecticut
- Stanford University | Stanford, California
- B.S. – Biological Sciences
- Fellow American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery
- American Medical Association
- Florida Medical Association
- Tampa Bay Ophthalmology Society
- Society of Air Force Clinical Surgeons
- Marion County Medical Society
- SEE (Surgical Eye Expedition)
- International Society of Keratorefractive Surgeons
Michael Morris, M.D., F.A.C.S., is a fellowship trained glaucoma specialist. His primary interests are medical, laser, and surgical treatment of glaucoma, anterior segment surgery and the latest implementations of customized laser vision cataract care utilizing advanced procedures and techniques to restore youthful vision. Dr. Morris is also actively involved in glaucoma research where he continues to test new glaucoma treatments.
Dr. Morris joined Ocala Eye in August 1994 after completing a glaucoma fellowship at the University of Florida. He graduated from Stanford University in 1985 earning a Bachelor of Science garnering distinction honors in biological sciences, and was elected to the honor society, Phi Beta Kappa. He attended medical school at the Yale University School of Medicine where he was awarded his medical degree in 1989.
Dr. Morris completed an internship in internal medicine in 1990 at the Greenwich Hospital in affiliation with the Yale University School of Medicine. He pursued his ophthalmology training at the Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital from 1990 to 1993. During his final year, he was selected as the chief resident.
Dr. Morris is a member of the prestigious American Glaucoma Society, which selects its members based on clinical achievement, published articles, and peer recognition. He is also a diplomate of the National Board of Medical Examiners, and is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology. He has achieved fellow status from both the American College of Surgeons and the American Academy of Ophthalmology. His other professional memberships include the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, the Florida Society of Ophthalmology, the American and Florida Medical Associations, and the Marion County Medical Society.